BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

May 25, 2009

Ouija Board Experience

I have had 2 different experiences with Ouija boards. The first came in the early 1980's when i was in college. The rooming house i lived in had many stories and lore behind it as it had once been a sanitarium for people with TB and other air born diseases in the early 1900's. There was one room in particular on the 4th floor of this building that was the old solarium. A large room with huge windows and glass doors going out onto a balcony. We could all imagine how this had been set up during its original use.

One night in mid winter, about 10 girls including myself sat down to use the Ouija board in this room. We took turns in groups of 4 at using the board though we all sat around one table watching intently. While the board was in use at the opposite end of the table, I heard a whisper of my name over my right shoulder. I quickly turned to the right, and of course saw nothing. Assuming it was one of the girls, I said nothing as to not let on I even heard it.

Again , I heard this voice over my shoulder quickly whisper my name but this time, the whisper was accompanied by a cool breath on my neck. I swear I felt this breath. I turned my head again to see absolutely nothing and having been seated at the end of the table, there was no one sitting on that side to have been able to do it.

The second occurrence came during the initial stages of my marital break up in '95. I rented a small house next door to my sister in Upstate New York. The house was more of a summer home and had been owned and lived in by a elderly widow who had died a few years prior. Though he had family, they did not have concern for the residence or the mans belongings which had been left behind. Family photos, clothing, furniture...the entire contents of the mans home were left helter smelter as they had been when he lived there.

Among these belongings was a Ouija board which I found on the back porch in an old cupboard. I mentioned the board to my sister and she encouraged me to bring it over so we could give it a try. And so, we tried.

And of course, at first, we like most folks who have tried a Ouija board, assumed and accused the other of moving the eye, of pressing too hard, or giving our scientific analysis of movement by heat transmission through our hands. But the board took on its own personality very quickly.

Soon we realized that I had some sort of connection with whatever was making the board work and I no more than had to think the questions, not speaking them out loud, and the board would answer, with my sisters hands (and not mine) on the eye. I would think a question, and the eye would guide my sisters hands to the appropriate answer. Questions that my sister would have no way of knowing the answers even if I had said them out loud.

Within a few days, we began to ask the board specific questions about its power. The board spelled out that the spirits name was Gordon. It said that he was a man in his early 20's and had lived in the 1800's. He had not been married nor did he have any children and had been killed in a bank robbery. And so, we joked around about Gordon among ourselves on a regular basis, but kept returning to the board.

One day, we were calling Gordon to come play with us with our hands on the eye awaiting response. No result came. My sister began to tease, calling Gordon to come play with us or we would find a new spirit. No result. She said "ok Gordon, don't come play with us anymore then" and suddenly the eye began to move.

It spelled out a warning not to do that. She asked him why as he wouldn't come and play when we wanted so she would find another spirit. The eye spelled out the words of someone very angry and said that we would be sorry if we were mean to him and that he was a good person but we should not get angry with him.

We both felt a chill of apprehension and stopped playing. From that point on, the board never worked. Every time I attempted to use the board, with my sister or not, the eye failed to move.

I have since moved from that house, and left the board exactly where I found it, in that cupboard on the back porch.


**http://www.wirenot.net/X/Stories/Ghost/Ghost_N-O/Ouijaboardexperience.shtml